Travel restrictions in Australia have changed dramatically. International visitors are scheduled to be allowed entry with appropriate visas from 1 December 2021. Quarantine requirements have also been eliminated from 1 December.
People travelling to Australia need to be double vaccinated and provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. You must present evidence of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 3 days of your flight’s scheduled departure to your airline when you check-in for your flight.
Golf clubs have already advised us that they have real and immediate needs for additional staff over the coming growing season. And their preference is for experienced greenkeepers to meet those needs.
You can be amongst the first to once again take up these opportunities.
Therefore, we encourage all those candidates based outside Australia or New Zealand, who are eligible for their respective Working Holiday visa schemes, to register their interest.
1. Decide whether you would like to work in Australia or New Zealand or are open to either and check your eligibility for their Working Holiday visa schemes. If you are not eligible for one of these visa’s, you will not be able to participate in this programme. Check if your eligible for a working holiday visa in Australia by clicking here. Or If you want to check you eligibility for a working holiday visa in New Zealand then click here.
2. If you are eligible for one of the Working Holiday visa schemes above, then please register your interest by following the link below to the application form, be prepared to fill in all the necessary information. This involves attaching a CV, contact details, reference letter from your previous or current course supervisor and attaching a video of you introducing yourself and providing a brief outline of your background and experience. Speaking and understanding English is critical in golf maintenance environments in both countries and the video provides evidence of your English language skills. It also provides a good insight into you the person and how you might fit with the golf clubs team and culture.
3. After we have received your application, we advise golf clubs in Australia or New Zealand of your availability and interest in finding work.
4. We then work with you and our golf club clients through the recruitment processes.
5. Golf clubs choose who they recruit, it is entirely up to them. While we will endeavour to secure all applicants a role, we cannot guarantee this.
6. If you are successful in being offered and accept a role with a golf club, we then wait until travel restrictions have been lifted sufficiently to allow you to travel to Australia or New Zealand, and when and if that happens will likely vary between the two. We will keep you posted.
7. Once travel is permissible to the country where you have secured a role, then you can apply for the appropriate Working Holiday visa. These visa’s can only be applied for, and relevant fees paid by you the applicant.
8. Once you have obtained your Working Holiday Maker Visa, we then coordinate your inbound flights and your two days and nights’ orientation programme accommodation at your arrival city. We will also look to assist you with your ongoing accommodation in-country transportation/vehicles, phone services, superannuation, banking and insurance.
Orientation programme - the 2-day orientation programme is designed to allow you to start getting over jetlag, orientate you to your new home of the next 6 to 12 months and allow you to meet and socialise with others involved in our programme, before relocating to your longer-term accommodation near your place of work.
9. Once you have arrived at your destination and new employer golf club, and have commenced working and living there, we will check in with you and the golf club on a regular basis.
And our team will be available throughout to assist you with any questions or advice on the process or anything else you need to know.
Our goal is to ensure you have a really positive work/life experience which allows you to grow and learn as an individual, which you are able to fund, through having a paying role with a good employer.
International Candidates – an Overview