What are the costs for the candidates?

There are no costs for candidates associated with securing a job. The costs candidates will need to meet are those involved in securing the appropriate Working holiday visa, the cost of flights and initial meet and greet and arrival accommodation, as arranged by EnvoyGolf. The cost of the visa will vary between Australia and New Zealand and the costs of flights and initial Orientation programme accommodation will be determined by prevailing market costs, which we coordinate directly with partner airlines. We will coordinate specific inbound dates and flights with flexibility of your return dates.

Am I guaranteed a job through you?

While we do our best to find a suitable placement for all of our candidates, we cannot at this stage guarantee that everyone will be offered a job at an Australian/New Zealand Golf Club. We provide the interested clubs with profiles of suitable candidates, and the final decision is ultimately theirs.

When will I know if I will get a job?

​There is no particular date when you will find out whether you will be getting a job for the Australian/New Zealand summer season. We are constantly contacting new clubs and making new connections in order to increase your chances of getting a job but there are many variables in the process. Some clubs already have their summer casuals sorted, some don’t have the capacity to hire new staff, and some need a longer time to get the administrative side of the process sorted. However, we will do our best to ensure that you receive a job offer, and in case you are an international candidate, we will confirm your job offer prior to your visa application, essentially assuring a risk free process.

Do I need a work visa?

Yes, to work in Australia you will need the appropriate visa. For the purpose of a shorter stay such as yours, we recommend the Working Holiday Visa (417 or 462), which allows you to stay in Australia for up to a year, working for one employer for a maximum of six months. The application process for this visa is inexpensive and easy, and you should be granted the visa almost immediately. We are happy to guide you through the process, would it be necessary.

Where will I live in Australia?

We will guide you through accommodation and living arrangements preferably around the Club you will be employed at, however you're free to arrange your own accommodation should you wish to.

Will I be able to play golf at the club I am working at?

​This depends on the policies of the club you are employed by, but many of the clubs we have asked have answered yes to this question. However most clubs allow you only to play the course on specific days.

How much will this cost me?

The recruitment process does not cost our candidates anything, but you will be responsible for paying for your own visa, you will also need to pay for your flight, accommodation and insurance arranged by EnvoyGolf.

Do I need insurance?

Yes, it is a requirement of EnvoyGolf that you have travel insurance that covers any possible accidents while you are in Australia. It is up to you which insurance you go with but if you need help in choosing one, we can provide you with some advice.

How much will I get paid?

You will be paid in accordance with the golf industry award as a minimum but expect $24-$27 an hour plus superannuation, with Saturdays and Sundays being at higher overtime rates, which again can vary from club to club. Clubs will generally provide you with all the work gear and clothing you need and some provide meals on full work days.

What happens if I lose my job?

Under the circumstances that you lost your job for an understandable reason, we are happy to help you find a new suitable role.

Can my friend and I work together?

In the past we have been able to get friends jobs at the same course, however this is something that we can't guarantee, since it's completely up to the Golf courses to make the decision on who they would like to employ. Please advise us should you and your friend wish to work together in advance.

Can I work in both New Zealand and Australia?

Yes we can help you find a suitable role in both Australia and New Zealand. Follow the link for us to find you a new job opportunity:

How much will I be working in a week?

One thing you might need to adjust to is that the workday starts early. Some golf club crews start from 4.30am in the morning, though most are somewhere between 5.30-6:00am. However, then it will finish early, from 2-3pm. On days where there are big golf competitions like Saturday, Sunday and one day during the week, usually Wednesday, you work a half day, finishing around 9-10am. If you are working full time, it will be 37-40hrs a week, plus you might be required to work some Saturday or Sunday mornings. Hours, work schedules and requirement and availability of overtime varies from club to club. But keep in mind that all golf courses operate differently.

For how long will I have a job?

In Australia You will be able to stay with your new employee for up to six months as that is the longest amount that is allowed on your Working Holiday Visa. However would you like to proceed further for another period, we are more than happy to assist you in a new suitable position at another Club. In New Zealand You will be able to stay with your new employee for up to twelve months. However since most employees only need casual staff for a six month period, we are more than happy to assist you with another position at another Club would it be necessary.


What are the costs involved for participating golf clubs?

There will be a fee for the introduction and ongoing employment of candidates we introduce as outlined in our Fees Schedule which is provided directly to golf clubs as part of our engagement.

Will I have to sponsor the offshore based greenkeepers or other staff I hire through EnvoyGolf?

You will not need to sponsor them for the initial period they are working with you, usually six months. All our candidates coming into Australia or New Zealand will be on Working Holiday Visas that are applicable for each country, which allows them to work. Different rules and work rights can apply depending on where they are from and there are variations between Australia and New Zealand. Should there be a mutual interest in their continuing to work with you beyond the initial period, you may have the opportunity to extend their time with you, under their Working Holiday Visa, for a limited period and the rules do vary between the two countries. However, should both you and the individual wish to consider staying on in a permanent role then you would need to sponsor them. We would refer you to our Immigration advisors who will outline your sponsorship options and the costs involved.

How long can I have them for?

​Our candidates can work for one employer for a maximum of six months, as stipulated by the Working Holiday Visa. If they want to keep working for you after this, and you would like to have them for longer, sponsorship will be required.

Who pays for their visa and flights?

The summer casuals will pay for their visa and flights themselves. They are also responsible for their own accommodation, unless your club has the opportunity of offering them this.

How do I know your candidates are good?

All our candidates are sourced through the official greenkeeping associations of their respective countries, and come with recommendations from their home clubs, as well as contact details for their references. Despite their young age, all our candidates have several years of experience and have operated most major machinery used on golf courses. In addition, only the more adventurous greenkeepers who are confident in their skill set will be the ones making the journey to the other side of the world. However ultimately you make the final decision on who you will take on as a potential employee.